Return to FAQ List
FAQ 76: Using the suggested blocked site in IISCategory: BlockedIP function
The sample blocked -suggested.zip automatically replaces blocked content with the correct type to avoid seeing broken images or flash objects.
Configuration is done by editing \global.asa as instructed in the file.
Modify \notice.asp to display a custom message or other information at the BLOCKED page.
This blocked site allows users to click "O" in the word "BLOCKED" or visit http://[blocked-site]/login and enter a password to bypass
the restriction. This is better than having the end-user type the unblocking domain (as specified in authorized.txt or
bypassblock.txt) directly in the browser address bar; to avoid other's seeing it in the MRU drop down, autocomplete, or browser history.
To upgrade an existing blocked site to the latest version follow either of the procedures below:
1) Quick/easy method
- In many cases only the blocked.asp file will be different
- Check the following files for the version number
(if any of your files doesn't have the version number, then you must do the full replacement procedure instead)
The version is located within the first few lines of the file, and is similar to this format: = "14.37 r11/19/2011"
- If one of your files has an older version number, then backup that file by renaming it [filename].old
- Extract the latest version of that same file to the root of your blocked site
- Inspect the old file and the new file for any settings/customization you may have done
2) Full replacement
- Make a backup copy of the following files
notice.asp (if you customized the display of the blocked page)
blocked.asp (if you customized this file)
email.asp (if you added the IP or hostname of your SMTP server)
...any graphics files (if you replaced graphics with your own)
- Extract the latest version of the suggested blocked site to the root of your blocked site, replacing all files
- Copy the values defined in your old global.asa to your new global.asa
- Inspect all the old files and the new files for any settings/customization you may have done
- Copy back your graphics files (if you replaced graphics with your own)
FAQ 99 Enable AdminWhitelist function of the Blocked site
FAQ 100 Enable BypassBlockADi function of the Blocked site
FAQ 120 Enable MakeRequest function of the Blocked site