Return to FAQ List
FAQ 153: Using the suggested welcome site in IISCategory: RedirectIP function | Updated: 07/10/2016 3:47 PM
The sample welcome -suggested.zip can be implemented in the following ways...
- Simply redirect to a publicly hosted website, with or without authorizing the user device to reach the Internet
- Display your corporate website (or a special public site/page used just for HotSpots) and authorize the user device to reach the Internet
- Prompt users for a common password before they can reach the Internet (such a password provided by your receptionist or a sign on the wall)
- Ask users to fill out a survey
- Ask users to agree to a terms of service statement
Extract the .zip to the directory of your "welcome" site (usually C:\inetpub\welcome)
Configuration is done by editing \global.asa as instructed in the file
Application("PublicWebsite") does not have to be set to a domain name starting with "www."
It can also include a path such as "www.example.com/folder/page5.htm"
When specifying an external site, the domain must be listed in your AlwaysKeywordsFile= to allow it to resolve to the Internet
(even before the user device is authorized) otherwise the redirect is stuck in a loop.
If enableing the survey, accounts IIS_IUSRS and IUSR must be granted NTFS modify permission to the \data.csv file
Modify \askterms.asp with your own Terms of Service statement
Modify \okdone.asp to display a custom message or other information once the user device is authorized