Return to FAQ List
FAQ 108: Microsoft .NET Framework is requiredCategory: Initial setup | Updated: 01/13/2017 9:26 AM
With DNS Redirector v7.2.x.x (latest) the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 is required.
With DNS Redirector v7.1.x.x (older) the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.x is required.
1) On a fresh install of Server 2008 R2, Service Pack 1 is required
1) On a fresh install of Server 2012 R2 the following are nessesary before .NET Framework 4.6.1 will install...
- which is several updates that must be done in the following order...
- this fixes the Windows Update hangup issue, which you'll appreciate later when it's time to get updates for this server.
2) Download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1
(if the installation progress bar appears to stall, wait it out, it will complete)
3) Restart your server
(really, do restart even if the installer did not prompt you to)
4) Download and install DNS Redirector