Return to FAQ List
FAQ 103: Upgrade to DNS Redirector v7Category: Everything else
DNS Redirector v184.108.40.206 is the latest!
When upgrading your license to accommodate more clients (using any v7.2.x.x)...
1) Stop any DNS Redirector services
2) Copy your new license file to C:\DNSREDIR
3) Start the DNS Redirector service
When upgrading your version 220.127.116.11 or later to the latest version...
1) Download the software from http://dnsredirector.com/download (.zip manual install)
2) Right-click on the .zip you downloaded, select Properties, click the Unblock button (if this button is not present just proceed), click OK
3) Stop the DNS Redirector service
4) Copy dnsrsvc.exe, dnsrlib.dll to the working directory C:\DNSREDIR
5) Start the DNS Redirector service
When upgrading your very old version 6.x or 7.x to the latest version...
Note: Contact support, then copy your new license file to C:\DNSREDIR
Note: New and/or different INI settings have been added, see the readme.
1) Stop the DNS Redirector service
2) Remove the old service from the command-line with...
sc delete "DNS Redirector"
sc delete dnsredir
3) Rename your existing dnsredir.ini to dnsredir-saveold.ini, and rename your updater.ini to updater-saveold.ini
4) Install .NET Framework 4.6.1 (and restart)
5) Download the software from http://dnsredirector.com/download (.exe setup) and run the file
6) Copy/paste the individual values (NOT the whole line) from dnsredir-saveold.ini to the new dnsredir.ini
! Verify the working directory permissions, see FAQ 129.
FAQ 109 What's new in DNS Redirector v7